A new milestone in speech recognition: speed and accuracy, now powered by Nuance’s new next-generation “Deep Learning” speech engine – Dragon Professional Individual.
The Dragon suite of speech recognition software has recently been simplified, encompassing Dragon Professional Individual, Dragon Professional Group and Dragon Anywhere. See our separate product page for the Dragon Professional Group which is for those users working in an organisation with a requirement for networking, remote desktop support, volume licensing and central management tools.
Do you spend hours creating documents, spreadsheets or presentations, managing email and filling out forms? Or are you simply looking to reduce the physical stress of typing? Either way, Dragon Professional Individual can help you work faster and smarter using your voice. Dictate in popular applications, customise words, insert frequently used text or graphics and shortcut repetitive tasks – all just by speaking. So you have more time to focus on strategic business and work priorities.
Speed up and simplify documentation tasks
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you don’t have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling. Make edits and apply formatting using your voice to make easy work of document creation.
– Think out loud to capture ideas up to 3x faster than typing
– Edit and format text much faster than using a keyboard and mouse
– Automatically format text to appear the way you want it to – every time
Get documentation done anytime, anywhere
Maximise productivity even when you’re on the road. The soon-to-be released, separate, cloud based Dragon Anywhere app lets you continue your work in the field to keep up with documentation. Dictate and edit documents of any length by voice – using your own customised words, shortcuts and commands – directly on your iOS or Android device.
– Adapts to your voice and terminology so you can dictate, edit, navigate and format within your document from anywhere
– Syncs your customisations with Dragon Professional Individual for seamless productivity wherever your job takes you
– Gain immediate access to your dictation without having to wait or rely on a costly transcription service
– Spend more time on the bottom line and less time behind a desk completing administrative tasks
Dictate anywhere, transcribe back at your desktop
Don’t fall behind on paperwork due to business travel if your preference is to work with a recorder by voice. With Dragon Professional Individual and a Nuance approved digital voice recorder, you can record your voice into an audio file and Dragon will automatically transcribe the recordings when you connect to your desktop. Ask VoicePower which digital voice recorders would be suitable for this purpose, some have encryption and additional security which may be important to your role.
– No more scribbling notes on paper; record thoughts and ideas on the go
– Improve documentation accuracy by capturing more detailed notes
– Save time and eliminate reliance on costly transcription services
– Another option to stay productive no matter where your job takes you
Share customisations with Dragon Anywhere mobile app
Dragon Anywhere is a separate, cloud based app that provides continuous dictation capabilities, letting enterprise users create and edit documents of any length by voice – using their own customised words, shortcuts and commands – directly on an iOS or Android device.
– Step-by-Step Commands: The Step-by-Step option in Dragon’s command creation wizard lets you automate a series of actions (such as launching applications or opening folders)
– Advanced Scripting: Those with some programming knowledge can use Dragon’s VBA-like advanced scripting to voice enable specific custom functions on the computer in order to better integrate with your existing applications and workflows. Those without this knowledge can ask their VoicePower trainer to assist in the scoping and creation of these commands.
– Macro Recorder: Use Dragon’s Macro Recorder to record your keystrokes and mouse-clicks, and then save the series of actions under a single voice command. This is a great feature for instantly executing commonly used tasks that would normally require a series of multiple commands or hand actions.
Increase dictation accuracy with custom vocabularies
Depending on their industry, business, department, or role, different employees use different vocabulary on the job. For example, people who work in the insurance industry would use distinctly different words, phrases and acronyms
Meet accessibility requirements
Command and control your computer by voice – If you wish, you can launch applications, select menu items, press keys, switch between windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more all by voice.
Dragon Professional Individual gives you the flexibility to:
– Work hands-free, if desired – Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your computer
– Feel less stress and strain on your body
– Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Dragon Professional Individual (Access to Work) is available for those users who are obtaining funding for their workplace reasonable adjustments via the government’s Access to Work scheme. This is a discounted price through this scheme so please contact VoicePower for a quotation.
Why should I choose VoicePower Ltd to implement my speech recognition solution?
VoicePower is a Nuance Dragon Partner with a great deal of experience in supplying and customising speech recognition within a wide variety of industry sectors. If you have limited IT resources, need to support specific workflow requirements, or just want to get up and running quickly with customisations, deployment and training, VoicePower has it covered. VoicePower offers complete Professional Services tailored to your needs that can help you start realising significant documentation productivity gains from Dragon for accelerated return on investment. VoicePower Ltd is a Nuance Dragon partners and our training includes CPD credit for Continued Professional Development – Earn whilst you learn.
System Requirements for Dragon Professional Individual
-RAM: Minimum 4GB
-CPU: Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
-Free hard disk space: 4GB (8GB download)
-Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32- and 64-bit); Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2
-Internet Explorer 11 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox (as at September 2016)
-A sound card supporting 16-bit recording built-in microphone or a Nuance approved microphone. Some older devices are no longer supported. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information. VoicePower would recommend a USB input device as this is not reliant upon the internal soundcard
-DVD ROM for installation
-An Internet connection for product download, automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process) and access to Online Help
Note: Does not support dictation into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems or clinical systems such as EMIS Web or SystmOne. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Practice Edition.
Note: Does not support networking, remote desktop support, volume licensing and central management tools, for this see our product page for the Dragon Professional Group
VoicePower Ltd are happy to supply quotes for any of our products, if you would like a quote, arrange a demonstration or to simply talk to a member of our team, click here.